Our mission, guided by relentless focus on our three pillars of success is to Inspire, Connect and Elevate our media and communications members and value holders. We commit to this excellence by providing diverse opportunities that facilitate our members to achieve their maximum potential, both personal and professional. We are NAMIC – New York.
- NAMIC helps facilitate the personal and professional development of individuals from entry-level to the C-Suite
- Provide educational offerings such as the nationally recognized Executive Leadership Development Program (ELDP), Leadership Seminar, and the L. Patrick Mellon Mentorship Program
- Be on the forefront to broaden the impact of diversity in the broad range of the Communications and Entertainment Industry as globalization and technology rapidly change the way we do business
Who We Are
We are ingrained within the communications/entertainment industry. Corporate sponsors include Comcast/NBCUniversal, Time Warner Cable, Turner, Viacom, Disney and ESPN Media Networks, Scripps Network, HBO, Brighthouse Networks, Cox Communications, A&E Networks, Fox Networks, AMC Networks, Showtime, Starz, Discovery Communications and TV One.
NAMIC has 2,100 national members; 650 of whom belong to the New York chapter .
- 35% of the chapter are Executives
- 50% of the chapter is represented by Cable/Entertainment industry (multiple specialties such as Digital Media, Sales, and Marketing)
- 15% of the chapter is represented by Digital/Technology industry and growing every year